Hoults Yard is situated two miles east of the City Centre in Byker ward. It is a 3 hectare complex built in 1878 specifically for the Maling Pottery establishment. It is a large, solidly built structure owned by Hoults Estates Ltd since the 1960s. After the closure of Maling Pottery, the site provided accommodation for Hoults Estates and floorspace rented out to other local businesses, mainly for manufacturing, storage and office uses.
Maling Pottery - An Introduction
The Maling Collectors' Society
Hoults Yard Formerly The Maling Ford B Pottery
Maling pottery - Wikipedia