Photos of Newcastle

Cowgate Roundabout and Shops


Work starts today on the redevelopment of the nightmare that is Cowgate roundabout. Lets hope the £4M being spent eases its many problems but I won't hold my breath. I don't claim to be an expert on the subject but my theory is the more you spend on roads the more traffic uses them so I guess it will always be a bottlenck.

Plans are available here Newcastle City Council - Major improvements to Cowgate roundabout



Cowgate Roundabout
14th December 2015






















Nearby Shops and Flats























28th December 2015






Old Photos - Courtesy of Newcastle Libraries
















2 comments:

Herbwormwood said...

Great to see this documented. Particularly in the challenging January light.
Best wishes,
Herbwormwood

ILuvNUFC said...

Thanks.