I first picked up a camera in 2005 to take some photos of The Tall Ships on the Quayside and things just went from there and some 12 years later this site is still going strong. Most of all I like to document change in Newcastle taking snapshots of places before, and after, they change and secondly I hope this website shows off our great city even though I am no professional photographer. I am constantly updating older pages with new photos and adding new pages to this site.
The full list of parts of Newcastle that I've photographed can be seen in the rather unwieldy sidebar over there on the left. You can also browse this site two other ways. The first way is by area, each of the following 6 areas Newcastle, Northumberland, North Tyneside, Gateshead, Durham and South Tyneside have their own page with a link list and interactive map. The second way is by labels, at the bottom of each page, which means if you click on the label "Byker" or "Heaton" you will see all the pages which have photographs from that area.
You can also enjoy guided walks in my Walking the River Tyne Westwards Project in which I walked from Newcastle to Hexham in 8 stages, see some Old Photos of Newcastle and Reader Submitted Old Photos of Newcastle.
Please get in touch if you have any old photos of the area that you would like to share with the readers of this site or if there is a part of Newcastle you would like to see featured here in the future.
Recent New Pages
- 8th December 2017 - Old Photos Of Odeon Cinema / Paramount Theatre on Pilgrim Street
- 8th December 2017 - The Close
- 8th December 2017 - Newcastle International Christmas Market - December 2017
- 2nd December 2017 - Byker - St Lawrences Park
- 2nd December 2017 - Ouseburn 2017
- 16th November 2017 - Fenwicks Christmas Window 2017
- 31st October 2017 - Paddy Freemans Park - 2017
- 2nd October 2017 - Byker - Shields Road
- 30th August 2017 - Byker Wall - North Side - 2017
- 2nd August 2017 - Quayside 2017
- 31st July 2017 - Pilgrim Street - Odeon Cinema Demolition
Updated Pages in recent weeks
- 8th December 2017 - Castle Keep - Black Gate
- 28th November 2017 - Leazes Park
- 28th November 2017 - Corbridge
- 28th November 2017 - Greys Monument
- 28th November 2017 - John Dobson Street
- 28th November 2017 - Oxford Galleries
- 28th November 2017 - Pilgrim Street - Odeon Cinema Demolition
- 28th November 2017 - Newgate Street Shopping Centre
- 13th October 2017 - Sage Gateshead
- 13th October 2017 - Millennium Bridge
- 13th October 2017 - The Central Arcade
- 13th October 2017 - Quayside 2017
- 13th October 2017 - St James' Park
- 2nd October 2017 - Grey Street
- 2nd October 2017 - New City Library
- 2nd October 2017 - Centre For Life
- 28th September 2017 - River Tyne and The Quayside Panoramic Photographs
- 23rd September 2017 - Quayside 2017
- 19th September 2017 - The Laing Art Gallery
- 18th September 2017 - Swing Bridge
- 18th September 2017 - The Baltic Arts Museum
- 18th September 2017 - Leazes Terrace
- 13th September 2017 - St Mary’s Lighthouse
- 22nd August 2017 - Richardson Road Student Accommodation
Below are a few of the most popular photos on this site. Mouseover to find out what page they are from or click on them to be taken to that page.
All images on here are © newcastlephotos.blogspot.com/ please contact me if you wish to use any of my photographs for any purpose.